Welcome to Charlotte Academy of Music.
We invite you to begin, or continue, your musical journey with us. We look forward to seeing you in our hallways, private studios, classes, competitions and recitals!
Our website provides an excellent overview of the programs offered at Charlotte Academy of Music. However, the intangibles, those things that color and enliven our programs, cannot be sufficiently described in print. The caliber and care of our carefully chosen Artist Faculty, the exuberance and skill of our class teachers, the joy and natural progress in our Preschool Music, Private Lessons, Musical Theatre productions, the commitment to Music Theory and deeper understanding of music, the monthly performance opportunities, access to guest composers and clinicians in master classes and so much more — these are what need to be experienced directly.
- To bring to our current students and those of future generations the joy and exhilaration that comes with deep and committed involvement in the art of music;
- We will provide the best musical guidance possible to help students explore and realize their full potential, fostering their growth as sensitive, responsible, intellectual people.
- We will recognize the unique value of our distinguished teaching faculty and create an environment where they continue to grow as musicians, bringing the full force of their talents to lessons, classes and student progress.
- We will learn, reevaluate and modify our techniques and methods as teachers and administrators, striving always to build a school where sincere artistic expression is sacred and excellence in craft is attainable.
Charlotte Academy of Music was founded in 2008, twenty years after Executive Director Regina Ziliani accepted her first piano student. Having operated successful studios in Spartanburg, SC and San Jose, CA, it was evident upon moving to North Carolina that the south Charlotte area needed a school providing quality music education. In 2004 Regina opened a home piano studio in Mint Hill, which quickly grew to over 80 students and a full waiting list.
It had long been a dream of Regina’s to open a music school where students of all ages could take private lessons, group classes, play in ensembles and be a part of a thriving, inspiring musical community. As enrollment continued to increase in her home studio, it became evident that it was time to explore the vision once again. Charlotte Academy of Music offered it’s first classes in September of 2008, and has proven to be one of the fastest growing music schools in the area. In March 2009 the Academy expanded it’s facility and in June 2013 expanded again! The Academy now includes 12 sound proofed teaching studios, a performance space and spacious waiting room.
The outstanding Faculty has grown as well, now comprised of over 20 dedicated teachers. The Academy’s commitment to excellence, an outstanding faculty and many devoted families are what make our school unique. We look forward to sharing this musical journey with Charlotte area families for many generations to come.
affiliations & certificates
For continued professional development, as well as the many student performance and evaluation opportunities these organizations provide, the faculty of Charlotte Academy of Music holds memberships with these professional organizations:
- Music Teachers National Association
- North Carolina Music Teachers Association
- National Federation of Music Clubs
- Charlotte Piano Teachers Forum
- National Association of Teachers of Singing
- American College of Musicians/National Guild of Piano Teachers
- American String Teachers Association
- Music Educators National Conference
- North Carolina Music Educators Association
We are also proud to be associated with: