We consider performance an essential part of music education. The skills gained are invaluable to students and will benefit them for years to come as they translate into school and later to their careers. CAM offers formal performance opportunities for all Academy students in our Winter and Spring Concerts.
Blue Note Lounge
Several times during the year CAM students participate in our Blue Note Lounge. This informal, relaxed performance setting is a great place for beginners and more advanced students to hone their performance skills.
Piano Artistry Performances
Students who are part of our Piano Artistry program have additional performance opportunities. These include a formal Winter Recital, Duet Recital and several Studio Classes throughout the year.
Junior and Senior Recitals
High school junior and senior students at CAM are encouraged to perform solo recitals. Junior and Senior recitals require a strong commitment, and are an excellent way to showcase many years of dedicated music study. We also believe solo recitals are excellent preparation for college auditions.
Contests and Competitions
CAM students are active participants in contests and competitions. These are made available to our students via our professional associations with NFMC, MTNA, NCMTA and Charlotte Piano Teachers Forum.
- TBD Halloween Open House / Masquerade Musical
- 11/12 CPTF Auditions – Concerto Auditions
- 11/21 DEADLINE: – Academy Winter Concerts sign-up
- 1/14 Blue Note Lounge Performance
- TBD NFMC Hymn Festival
- 2/18 NFMC Piano Scholarship Festival
- 2/18 NFMC Instrument, Make-Up, and Voice Festival
- 2/25 NFMC Piano Solo Festival
- 3/4 NCMTA District Piano Contest
- 3/11 CPTF Auditions – Preliminary Round
- 3/12 CPTF Auditions – Final Round
- TDB NCMTA State Piano Contest
- 4/22 Academy Spring Concerts
- 4/23 Academy Spring Concerts
- 5/6 Blue Note Lounge Performance
- 6/3 Blue Note Lounge Performance